HDPE resin price
polyethylene is the most important plastic in the world. .It is divided into two types: high-density polyethylene(HDPE) and low-density polyethylene.
HDPE is a thermoplastic plastic produced from the polymerization of ethylene.
High- density polyethylene properties
Hdpe is heavier and Higher tensile strength than low-density polyethylene (LDPE).
Its melting point: 120-140°C .
The density of HDPE: 0.93 to 0.97 g/cm3
High resistance to alcohols, dilute acids and alkalis as well as a weak resistance to hydrocarbons (
It is lighter than water
It is extremely difficult to be connected using adhesives.
Has a wax-like appearance.
Very good electrical insulating properties
Poor water solubility
HDPE has some disadvantage such as:
- Highly Flammable
- Susceptibility to stress cracking.
- Weak Resistant to Oxidizing Acids
- Weak Resistant to Chlorinated Hydrocarbons
- High Thermal Expansion
- Weak Temperature Capability
The uses of HDPE :
It Has major use in
- packaging applications such as crates, trays, bottles for milk and fruit bottles.
- food packaging, jerry cans, drums, and industrial bulk containers, etc.
- Pipe systems: due to its high resistance to chemical and UV rays, engineers use it widely in outdoor applications.
- Other uses: in shampoo Bottles, Toys, Recycling Bins, Grocery Bags
- And Cereal Box Liners
Although HDPE is a safe plastic, it releases estrogenic chemicals dangerous to fetuses.
HDPE resin price
HDPE resin price ranges from $1.0-3.0 / Kilogram.
The price varies according to the grade and the supplier of HDPE resign.
you can find HDPE resin at a lower price at Alibaba website
If you’re looking to buy a hype, you’ll consider how much the shipping cost as well.