Have you ever tried to add some intrigue to your fish tank?Glofish may be the solution to add funny and joyful intrigue to your tank that captures your heart.
Glofish is an ordinary species modified by genetic engineering to obtain this beautiful fluorescent color. Many people believe that these type of fish are injected with special dye or artificial color to gain their color but the fact is: they inherit their color genetically from their parents, the only human intervention is inserting the genes for fluorescence and then making that fluorescence a permanent characteristic.,This process is called bioluminescence. Glow fish comes in various vibrant color including red, orange, green, blue, pink, and purple. Each color has a special name such as:
- Starfire Red
- Electric Green
- Sunburst Orange
- Cosmic Blue
- Galactic Purple
- Moonrise Pink
Facts about glofish
- They don’t exist normally in the wild, they are available in most major pet store chains and many independent pet stores.
- They don’t glow in white light but blue light or in the dark.
- Glofish feed on Fresh spinach, peas, and lettuce. Live blood worms, glass worms, brine shrimp and tubifex worms. Frozen vegetable diet, daphnia, plankton, beef heart, brine shrimp, glass worms and blood worms.
Glow fish has four types of species
Danio: is the smallest type of glow fish, they are peaceful and schooling fish.They grow up to 2 inches long. We can divide glofish into two groups: zebra and leopard.
Barb: They are schooling fish and larger than Danio, characterized by dark vertical striping.
Tetra: They are schooling fish and their size is between danio and barb. They prefer planted tanks, they are divided into two groups: short-finned and long-finned variety.
Sharks: The newest type of GloFish, they resemble Rainbow Shark. They are considered semi-aggressive omnivorous fish and have the same size as barb
- Cycle your tank with water for two weeks before purchasing the fish to build a colony of beneficial bacteria that help maintain ideal conditions in the tank
- Keep fish at groups of their type as they prefer the campaign
- Feed your fish twice times per day with a high-quality tropical diet and supplement their primary diet with live, frozen, or freeze-dried foods several times a week.
- Use high-quality equipment such as tank filter, a lighting system, and a heating system as well as check their maintenance.
- Make sure that fish tank is always clean and the water temperature and chemistry is appropriate
Glofish price ranges from $7-10$. This glofish price varies according to the size and type of fish.