Ferrets are mammal animals belong to the Mustelidae family. These animals have brown, black, white, or mixed fur. ferrets are easy-to-train pets. They live and breed in Europe as well as in northern and western Asia and northern Africa.
Facts about this animal:
- Their average length is 51 cm and it weighs (0.7–2 kg)
- They can live up to 7 to 10 years.
- Females are smaller than the male.
- are Carnivorous animals feed on the plant and small animals
Before purchasing ferret you need to know some tips:
- Make sure that the ferret is healthy and disease-free.
- you need a metal cage to allow him good ventilation (such as birds and hamsters)
- Avoid glass or closed fish tank because it does not allow this animal to ventilate.
- choose cages of the appropriate size where the ferret can move and move freely.
- put tubes in the cage because the ferret is a very active animal.
- the temperature must be suitable for the ferret and should not exceed 32.
- For those who breed other animals in the house, beware and keep the ferret away from them, because the ferret will certainly kill them.
- You can give the ferret a bath regularly at least once a month. Clean it by the detergents of the ferret that are in the shops and. Do not use hot or cold water but, moderate heat water and avoid using dog shampoo.
- Feed them with high protein food such as chickens or lamb 8 or 10 times a day.
- you can use Food pellets that are available in the local pet stores. Don’t use the dog food
The ferret price ranges from $65 to $250. Ferret price varies according to the age of ferret.you may add another $150 to $350 for vaccinations (including rabies)and medical examinations.