Chinchilla price 2020
Chinchilla is one of the cutest fluff balls ever that some people love keeping them as pets. it belongs to the family chinchilla which contains a small to a medium rodent.
For centuries, People have hunted chinchillas and used them for the fur industry for clothing and other accessories.
Decades of overhunting had led to the severely diminished wild population.
fortunately, many countries enacted laws to protect these endangered species
There are two species:
The short-tailed chinchilla
The long tail chinchilla( chinchilla Lana Guerra): they’re smaller but they have longer tails and bigger ears.
- As china chilla adapted to sparse high-altitude vegetation so a diet high in fiber is crucial for a healthy gut.
- fresh high-quality hay should always be provided
- use High-quality chinchilla pellets that available in the pet stores which often contain raising chinchillas
- Change and filter its drinking water
- Chinchilla has a sensitive respiratory system and enclosed spaces can easily cause an infection So never use an aquarium or solid walls, But use an open wire enclosure
- You might need to provide a multi-level enclosure and access since chinchillas are active they love to run and jump from platform to platform
the temperature should not exceed 80°F, chinchillas can quickly overheat in temperatures over 80
you can help keep them cool by providing a marble slab
Due to the fact that chinchillas are social animals, providing companionship is definitely going to improve their well-being.
If you have an older chinchilla keep in mind that females are more dominant than males, they can often injure the new coming chinchilla
Chinchilla price ranges from $100-$200 for gray chinchilla and colored Chinchilla price will likely cost you $300, very rare fur mutation like a curly can be as much as $600.
Before purchasing a chinchilla as a pet check your local shelter
as adopting a chinchilla from a rescue is considered a good idea